Cody Morgan

Pronouns: He/Him

Major: BS Geography (environmental concentration), minor in Aerospace Studies

Hometown: Edenton, NC

Interest in geography & future goals: I chose this major because I have always been interested in the environment. That is what initially drove me to this major. Once I learned more about the major, I also really enjoyed the GIS aspect and experience this department has to offer. I plan on commissioning into the United States Air Force in December of 2020 and I hope to use it in a career in aviation. After my service, I would love to get a job doing some Lidar work or get my masters in GIS.

Favorite thing about the department: My favorite part about this department is the culture. The professors have always been attentive and accommodating to individual students. Most professors get to know you on a first name basis which helps students open up more and more attentive in class. I think that my peers have all been passionate about this major and even students in surrounding majors such as GIS and ATMO all get a long and work as a team. The Geography Department is not that big, but this builds stronger bonds, creating an atmosphere that students like myself have thrived in.